Pages

Wednesday 28 August 2013

Reaver Titan

Well, it's a rocky start after an exciting burst of enthusiasm the first stumbling block has occurred. I picked up a ton of foam board from Hobbycraft (3 huge sheets for a tenner!) but sadly it's just no good. It would be an awful lot of work to get it to work... See picture for the problem below:

Too many gaps, and will take a punishing with paint.  So I have ordered some good old plasticard and will tackle this as plastic instead.

Really want to do this but it's a big challenge! The size is good as you can see below, but I really want this to be perfect and I am a stickler for trying to keep things simple. 


After looking at so many blogs and pictures from Dakka, Warseer etc, there is enough inspiration out there to get this nailed... I start a new job next week and want to try and get this made at least to the waist by the end of the month. More than likely will fail that target, but lets try.

I other news, I picked up a crap load of cool pipe bits from Wickes for about £8 (enough for the basic structure of the legs, body and arms - all in really strong PVC) 

More updates due soon 


No comments:

Post a Comment